Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT) may reimburse a new mother for the purchase of a breast pump.
- Contact a BCBSMT customer service representative at 800-447-7828 to verify that your particular plan offers this benefit and for specific benefit coverage and limitations.
- For your convenience, an in-network provider will submit the claim on your behalf.
- If using an out-of-network provider, including retail locations, you will need to submit the claim by using the Medical Claim Form.
- Complete all fields of the form and attach the receipt. Make a copy for your records.
- Mail the completed form and receipt to the address listed.
Assistance With Breast Feeding
Benefits for assistance with breast feeding may be available under your health plan. These services help mothers and babies with latching difficulties, painful nursing, low milk production, or inadequate weight gain.
Reimbursement for services to support breast feeding may be available when provided by a certified lactation consultant under the general supervision of a licensed physician (MD/DO) or a licensed mid-level practitioner (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant), and the claim is filed by the physician or mid-level practitioner.
Contact a BCBSMT customer service representative at 800-447-7828 to verify if your particular plan offers this benefit and for specific benefit information.